Monday, April 5, 2010

A Storm's A-Comin'

Well, these past couple of weeks have been busy busy busy. I seriously do not even have a break to breathe. I'm hooked up to an oxygen tank. Okay, that was a lie, but I may very well be soon if something gets added onto the list of things I already have to do. So, as far as what is going on in the music world let's see...

Okay, from what I've read, Crystal Castles is going to be headlining the traveling HARD fest, which is wonderfully making its way through the Austin area on August 11th, so mark your calendars if you are a fan. Also, Erykah Badu made an appearance on the Wanda Sykes show to defend her music video to the song "Window Seat," which is on her newest release New Amerykah Pt. 2: Return of the Ankh. She paid tribute to John F. Kennedy, calling him one of her heroes, and stating that "that's what performance art is all about."

On a personal note, lately, I have been obsessed with the song "When They Fight, They Fight" by The Generationals. I think I play it at least once daily. It definitely has an old-school feel to it, something that would make a lot of people wish they grew up when the days was sunny and the music was groovy.

Also, I recently gave She and Him's Volume 2 a listen the other day on NPR, and I thought it was a pretty good album. All of the songs flowed very well together, and the entire album, as a whole, is very reminiscent of their first release. They didn't really do anything different, merely taking on the same aesthetics and inspiration for their second release. Some of my favorite tracks include "Thieves," "In The Sun," "Me and You," "Home," and "Sing."

Another thing, I recently submitted some work to a music web publication called Jupiter Index, and I have a meeting with the editor tomorrow. Hopefully, I will make a good impression and be able to write some more. But, this will mean that I will be even more busy than I already am, but we have to make some sacrifices to get where we want to go.

I think that's about all I got for today.

No comments: