Monday, May 18, 2009

New Areas, New Horizons

Well, tomorrow I shall leave Austin and head to Corpus Christi. I am so excited to get out of the city and hang out with my family. Maybe I will paint some pictures with my nephew. Little homeboy is getting good. Sometimes, he mails me some pictures that he's drawn. He shows promise, could be a great artist one day. Sky's the limit.

Musically inclined, I am sad to leave Austin, for I know there will probably be some good shows during the course of my absence, but oh well. Gotta do what ya gotta do. On a rushing note, I need to buy my ticket for Peaches, who is playing at Emo's on June 11th. I hope they don't sell out before I run into some cash. That show would be the bomb-diggity. On a good note, I have heard her new single, "Talk To Me," and I love it. Typical Peaches, dirty, sexy, and on the verge of getting wasted, banging your head and having the blood tell you the whole story as you look in the mirror the next day to reminisce on the good times.

Also, even though it's no longer new, I have been listening to Erykah Badu's "New Amerykah: 4th World War" and damn, is this album the SHIT! Tracks like The Healer, Honey, Twinkle and That Hump let the listener know that Erykah Badu is not finished and she never will be. The slick beats, good production and sonic overtones create a listening experience from outer space that will knock you on your ass and make you wonder how you ended up on Neptune. Don't take my word for it, listen for yourself. You definitely will not regret delving into the hip-hop dreams of a soul queen.

On that note, I take my leave, bidding the question: When we leave, are we really gone? Hmm, think that one over. Peace!

No comments: