Sunday, September 16, 2012

"Happy Birthday To Me"

So, today is my birthday...and like any normal grown-up, when it comes time to turn 25, you want to celebrate it in a way that'll make you happy. Since last year's birthday was such a shitstorm of unnecessary nonsense, I decided to make this one as low-key as possible. So...last night, I rekindled my love of horror films and watched a classic 80s slasher flick, titled "Happy Birthday To Me." Pretty morbid, huh? And today, I've spent the majority of my day working because what is a better distraction than making $$$$$. But, as far as music-modes, I wanted to hear a #1 hit from 1987, the year I was born. Since, I don't really care for any of the Billboard Top 100 best singles of '87, I decided to do the original of one of the songs listed. On the list was Billy Idol's cover of "Mony Mony." I decided to post Tommy James & The Shondells' version, well...because it's 10,000 times better. You can hear that below:



That's all.

No comments: