Monday, December 3, 2012

It's Just a Reflection

The Alibi...Putrifiers...

So, it's been a hot minute since I even took a look at this thing, and that's definitely my bad, and I'd like to say that I'll be more diligent about posting updates and new music, but that would be difficult for two reasons. The first is that my internet connection is nonexistent. At this moment, I am using my work computer. My second reason is that since my internet connection is nonexistent, it's hard to keep abreast of new music and new inspiration, though I've been working on art at a more diligent pace, so maybe this no-technology thing has its advantages?

I'm now living in Albuquerque, NM where I am a part-time copy editor at The Alibi, which is the city's prominent alternative news source. I am also a part-time bookseller at Barnes and Noble, so all in all, I'm living the cliche life of a struggling writer. But, I get a good discount at B & N, which works to my advantage.

LISTENING: I haven't been listening to much besides delving into some old records, like The Monks' Black Monk Time and Heartless Bastards' Stairs and Elevators. But, I recently bought a copy of Cat Power's latest release, Sun, and though it wasn't what I expected because I didn't really read any reviews or press about the album (most of them noting her electronic change of direction), it sort of threw me. I'm still listening to it to get a better feel, but the tracks I like so far are "Ruin," "Manhattan," (which you can hear below) and "Nothin' But Time," which features vocals by Iggy Pop.



Also, today, I've been delving into Thee Oh Sees Putrifiers II, and I can't fucking believe I waited this long to listen to it. Just from a first listen, I'm already blown away, and even their initial single for the album, "Lupine Dominus," should have tipped me off, but alas, it didn't. You can view the video for that song below:



That's all. PEACE.

No comments: