Monday, December 31, 2012

When New Years Pour...

End of year thoughts...VU always there...

So, every New Years Eve is spent looking over the past year, trying to make amends, but at the same time, seek retribution for the year to come. You look in the mirror and tell yourself things like "I'm going to be more assertive...I'm not going to take no for an answer..." Or for those who are scorned within the amour-twinged afterlife, say "I'm only going to date people that treat me well." Yadda yadda yadda.

For me, a new year means one thing, and one thing only. I survived another one. I was able to take in the sweet, savory breaths of another wicked morning, and yet, I was able to dive face-first into the concrete, in the hopes that this dirt would taste as sweet as the rhythmic jumble and tumble of the previous day's scar tissue. But hey, that's just my take on things. Every year people make these so-called "resolutions," and they yearn to fill a gap that needs no filler. They strive to deconstruct the weariness of their daily lives in the hopes of finding a cure...or at least a momentary antidote. But each time, they set themselves up for the most prominent failure: fear of failing.

So, I make no resolutions this year. I make no promises to myself. Instead, I will thank baby Jesus that I made it through, or at least, made it a little further. With some good tunes, good people and good moments, maybe a resolution will come on its own... or at least something interesting. Cheers folks.



No comments: