Thursday, February 28, 2013

No Leaps This Year

Primal Scream ... Yeah Yeah Yeahs' "Sacrilege" ...

It's been a hot hour since I've updated this little bloggy-blog, and that's completely my fault. Some great things have been a-brewing on the writing front in that I've secured a lovely position at The Weekly Alibi as a Copy Editor/Staff Writer. In keeping with tasteless self-promotion, keep an eye out for this next issue in which I have two articles (one for the Arts section and one for the Music section). Okay, now that that's out of the way, let's get back to what we do best: MUSIC!

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs have shared their first single from their upcoming record, titled Mosquito. I don't have a release date on-hand (my bad!), but the track is good ole Yeah Yeah Yeahs at work. You can hear Karen O's voice go from angelic and soft to thrashy and wild (which is what we love about her!). This track instills faith that they are still good at what they do and this upcoming album shouldn't be a disappointment. You can hear "Sacrilege" below:



Moving along ... I got into Primal Scream within the past couple of years (I know I've written about their '90s record, Psychedelica, a couple of times.) But, they've shared a new track from an upcoming album, More Light, that's scheduled to come out on May 13th. Now, besides the aforementioned album, and a performance I saw of them on Jools Holland with Alison Mosshart (of The Kills), I don't know too much about them, but if this track is anything to go by, this album will be purchased by yours truly. You can hear "2013" below:



That's all. PEACE.

No comments: