Tuesday, June 7, 2011

After I graduate...

So...After recently graduating from college, everything is pretty much in the air. I haven't been writing so much, which is pretty apparent, considering I haven't published a blog entry in about three months. Hot damn, that's a long time.

Music listening? It's been at a stand-still. That last bands I got particularly excited about were Thee Oh Sees and Ty Segall. I guess I'm in a more garage state of mind these days. That's just where I find my home when I'm listening to music. I like when the songs are a little out of tune, the drums have very little production, and you can barely hear the lyrics. It's pure magic to me.

On a purchasing note, I took a break from buying records/cd's/tapes, and took to buying...BOOKS! My goal for the summer is to read at least one book a week, in the hopes that my speed-reading will take flight, and I'll be able to read as quick as lightning, and not just any particular book, but the hard classics as well. I recently acquired Jude The Obscure by Thomas Hardy, Dead Souls by Nikolai Gogol, and Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides. Let's just say, I'm pretty stocked up for the next month or so. I've also been reading like mad...I finished reading Eat, Pray, Love a week ago, then finally finished Sexus by Henry Miller, and I'm about 40 pages from finishing Franny and Zooey (if you don't know the author, shame!). So, it's safe to say that my summer goals are well under way, which include working out, eating better, finishing some unfinished art pieces, and reading as many books as I can until my heart is content...

...oh, and finding a job of course. I had an interview today for a place called Bankers Toolbox, Inc. which designs software for banking systems. I think the interview went okay, but we shall see if I'm marketing/sales assistant material in due time. Until then...the job search continues. I'm secretly hoping one of the many newspapers I've called and sent my resume to, will call me back, and realize that I am the writer they've been searching for their entire lives, and need me immediately. Snap to reality: let's just take it one day at a time.

Until next time...Peace!

No comments: