Thursday, July 28, 2011

Connecting The Dots...

I am in a weird triangle lately. First I was listening to Title TK by The Breeders, and then it moved to The Pixies Doolittle, which (let's face it) is a classic. Now, I've been listening to The Kelley Deal 6000, which is Kelley Deal's project that she started while the Breeders went on hiatus around 1995.

While Kelley Deal was in rehab for heroin addiction, she passed the time writing songs and centering herself. I haven't listened to TKD6K's first album, but I have taken a particular liking to their second album Boom! Boom! Boom!, which I've recommended in a previous post. I'd hate to compare it to The Breeders because it's very different, but there are a lot of similarities. Deal's vocals are somewhat like her twin sister's, and the songwriting is pretty neat for someone who had to learn to play the guitar to join The Breeders. My favorite track from the album is currently "Where Did The Home Team Go?" (pasted below)



Also, for you hip-hop fans out there, I'm sure most of you know, or will be happy to know that Kanye West and Jay Z's album Watch The Throne is coming out on August 1st. A friend (who is obsessed with Kanye West) played me this little number, which samples one of my all-time favorite songs, and I'm not gonna lie...I am pretty excited. The song is respectively called "Otis." I've pasted it below, enjoy.



Peace!

No comments: