Monday, July 25, 2011

A Sunny Afternoon...

It's my first day back in Austin, and as sit at my patio, smoking a cigarette, I am listening to The Breeder's album Title TK. Kim Deal's soft voice and the rough guitars blending perfectly. I am kind of sad that I haven't discovered this album sooner, but as they say...better late than...

I came across a documentary about The Breeders called The Real Deal, which documents the time Kim Deal spent in East Los Angeles in the aftermath of the Title TK album. In the documentary, they play a good amount of songs from the album, my favorite being "Off You," which you can listen to below. I loved the portrayal of both the Deal twins personalities as well as Kim Deal's take on music and making it "rude" and "weird."



Also, I've been listening to Mumford and Sons (I'm only a year late, maybe an improvement?). I haven't been able to get the song "The Cave" out of my head for the past few days. I think I'm going to overplay it until I hate it, which I don't recommend. I like this live version they did for SPIN:



PEACE! That's all.

1 comment:

Sarah Gomez said...

Love, love, love Mumford & Sons! I was a year and a half late, too...how could I have not known?!