Friday, October 21, 2011

Killing Me Slowly...

I know I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The Kills are my favorite band. I know a lot of people don't like them, and a lot of people that think I have good taste wonder how such a mediocre band makes it into my #1 spot. Let's just say they speak to me like no other...

...blah blah blah...So, this brings me to my point. Don't you just love it when a band you're obsessed with comes out with new material, and you discover it without ever having realized it was there, and you just can't help but overplay it and love it for what it is??? Well, that just fucking happened...again. It's like the first time I heard their song "Superpowerless." It was a magical moment. Now, it's hearing their cover of The Velvet Underground's "I'm Set Free" and a B-side from their album Blood Pressures, called "Blue Moon." Both songs aren't stellar, but it's still good to hear something new from this blues-rock duo.

Also, I've been listening to Beck's The Information. I forgot how great this album is. And...I'm still overplaying Feist's new album as well as dipping into The Cramp's album Bad Music for Bad People. Let's just say my listening card is on overdrive at the moment. Oh, and not to mention, I've been throwing in a little MC5 for good measure. You can listen to the two aforementioned tracks by The Kills below. Peace.



No comments: