Friday, October 7, 2011

Short But Sweeeet

It's been a little over a week since I've updated this thing, but it wasn't from a lack of trying, but more so, an entire uproot of my life, changing cities, changing careers, and ultimately just changing my general situation. But, one thing that doesn't change...my love in music.

After a dear friend posted a video of Swedish folk duo First Aid Kit singing a tribute of one of my favorite Patti Smith songs, "Dancing Barefoot," I took it upon myself to check these sisters out, and I'm glad I did. First Aid Kit is one of those groups that just gets under your skin, whether you want them to or not. The harmonization in their vocals, the sincerity of their words, and the connection from singer to listener just takes hold, and it's easy to become lost in their sound. Here's a video for their song, "Ghost Town."



Also, I recently bought Feist's new album, Metals, which I'm definitely excited to get into, since I expressed in a past entry how psyched I was that she was coming out with something new. I've only listened to two songs from it so far, and I can already feel a completely different vibe than the one that resonated on The Reminder, but I have a feeling that this album is going to be great, and I haven't even gotten a chance to fully dive into it.

That's all I got for today. Peace kids.

No comments: