Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Cowboy with the Cramps...

An Interesting Take on the DIY of Instrumentals and a Re-Invention of An Old Classic

As I said in a post before, I have been kind of dipping into The Cramps album Bad Music for Bad People, and I have to say that one of my favorite songs on the album is "Uranium Rock," which is the last track. I've always been a sucker for last songs on albums because I always feel as if musicians try to go out with a bang, or at least try to leave you with something memorable. For this song, it's not necessarily memorable, but I like the approach of jingling coins in the beat of the song. I love it when bands put random sounds and noises in songs. Give me a good beat on a bucket, and I'm sold! Maybe that's why I like Cocorosie...either way. This is a good album to start off with if you've never really listened to The Cramps.

On another note, I recently heard a track of Karen O singing Willie Nelson's country hit "Mammas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys." It's an interesting cover, and the video poignantly portrays the plight of the American farmer. The song portrays a more solemn, sad tone than the original (of course), but it's still a listenable version, and Karen O is one of the most versatile and interesting front-women in music today. You can view the video below:



OH, and due to my Kills pandora station, I had the non-pleasure of hearing Charlotte Gainsbourg's song "Trick Pony," and I think it's safe to say that she should stick to acting. I loved her in Melancholia though.

That's all I got for tonight. Peace.

No comments: