Friday, March 30, 2012

"I Did Not Expect a Spektor"

Regina Spektor shares video for new track...Kelley Stoltz on repeat...

Let's see...how to start this one. OH, Regina Spektor...well, I got into her music around the time of Begin To Hope, but the funny thing with her was that when I would shop at FYE (this was in high school btw), I'd always pick up Soviet Kitsch and give a few songs a listen, but for some unknown reason, I just never purchased it, and now, it's my favorite Spektor album. Aside from that, I've kind of kept myself abreast of her career as she's gone on to become bigger, bolder, but not necessarily better. Her last album, Far was a little disappointing in my view, but there were some good tracks. Now, she's shown the video to her new single, "All The Rowboats," off of her new album, What We Saw From The Cheap Seats. The track is okay, kind of reminiscent of "Machine" from Far in that it has the same menacing tone, and somewhat darker vibe. You can listen to the track below:



Also, if that video doesn't satisfy you enough, you can hear an even newer track from her new LP, titled "Don't Leave Me (Ne Me Quitte Pas)," which you can listen to below:



LISTENING: I've been taking advantage of the random assortment of songs that work their way into my ears as I'm listening to Pandora. One of my favorite stations to listen to is my "Devendra Banhart" station because it always plays some good folk songs from musicians I've never heard of. Among them is Kelley Stoltz. Now, some of his music probably wouldn't fall into the folk arena, at least what I've heard thus far, but this one song..."Prank Calls," I cannot seem to shake. It won't leave my head at night, and I hear it in the morning, and it's just fantastic. Listen for yourself. I'm done.



That's all. PEACE.

No comments: