Tuesday, March 27, 2012

No Scream Like a Primal Scream

Ty Sygall and White Fence release snippet from upcoming album...Tenacious D release video for "To Be The Best"...and Primal Scream ignite my speakers...

I mentioned a while back that Ty Segall was going to come out with two albums in the near future, and one of those albums is with White Fence. The album, titled Hair, is scheduled for an April 24 release, but to tide people over, the musicians have made the track, "I Am Not A Game," available on Pitchfork. You can take a listen to that here.

Also, Tenacious D are back with a new LP! I think that's old news, but it's still an exciting, yet unsettling, feeling all at the same time. I mean, who could forget the romanticism of "Fuck Her Gently," or the Crossroads-like epic tune "Tribute"? I know I couldn't. But, these dudes (Jack Black and Kyle Gass) have been MIA for the past six years, but not anymore...their new album, titled Rize of the Fenix is set to come out in May, but for those of you who miss them like crazy, you can view the video for "To Be The Best" below:



LISTENING: Well...I started my day off with nothing to listen to other than the sound of birds chirping out my window. Yes...then Primal Scream entered my world. I'd always heard of these dudes, but had never taken a listen to their music. Well, that was fucked, because these guys are pretty great, at least what I've heard so far. I've been listening to their album Screamadelica and so far, I'm wholly impressed. More on that after I've given it a further listen. But for now, you can view them playing their stand-out track, "Dolls," with Alison Mosshart of The Kills and The Dead Weather below: (Side Note: Is it me or is Alison channeling Patti Smith in this performance?)



That's all. PEACE.

No comments: