Thursday, March 29, 2012

Snoopin' Around

Snoop Dogg and Diplo go reggae?...Mumford and Sons talk about new album...Miike Snow disappoints me...

Let's start this off with Snooooooooooop! I mean, regardless of whether or not you like rap music (which I don't), you gotta love Snoop Dogg. He's just a bad motherfucker. Whether it's "Gin and Juice" or "Drop It Like It's Hot," (which you can hear below) the man just has a certain appeal that makes him one of the most lauded after and one of the most respected people in the game. Having said that...the rapper pair up with producer Diplo for his latest album, which is A REGGAE ALBUM? I could see something like this coming from Diplo, whom I know only through his work with M.I.A. on her debut album, Arular, but I didn't see this coming from Snoop Dogg. But hey, if it works, it works.



Mumford and Sons also shared some words about their new album...and I'm pretty excited about this, having only gotten into Sigh No More but a mere eight months ago, and with our ADD music listeners nowadays, that album is probably considered "so old." In an article in NME, singer Marcus Mumford clears the air by stating that comments he'd made about the album being "doom-folk" and "Black Sabbath meets Nick Drake" were jokes. You can read more about it here.

LISTENING: I finally got around to listening to Happy To You by Miike Snow, and I have to say that I found it to be utterly boring. Yes, I'm sure electronic fans thought it was innovative and great, and I'm sure DJ's around the world are already remixing and revising some songs, but there just wasn't a whole lot there for me to like. I don't know, maybe I'm programmed weird, but it was such a bleak album. If there were any "interesting" moments I found, they were probably in the songs "Enter the Joker's Lair" and "Paddling Out," which coincidentally are the first and last tracks of the album. So, I think they tricked me with the first track into becoming interested, let me down with the album's entirety, and then left me with an okay track, thinking the LP was worth it. But sadly, no.

That's all. PEACE.

No comments: