Saturday, March 31, 2012

You Wanna Do What?

Listening...All Day...All Night...

LISTENING: Well since I didn't really find anything newsworthy for today's blog entry, I decided to just share some stuff that I've been listening to for the past couple of days. Some of it, I've mentioned, some of it I haven't, and some I should have.

Well, let's start with Fiona Apple. Having not been able to attend her showcases in Austin a few weeks ago, I made it a point to watch many videos of the events in an effort to familiarize myself a little with her new sound, if there is a new sound. From the new track, "Anything We Want," which comes off her upcoming LP, The Idler Wheel is wiser than the Driver of the Screw, and Whipping Cords will serve you more than Ropes will ever do. If you think that's a long title, why don't you take a look at the full title of Apple's second LP, When The Pawn.... Veering back to the track, it's insanely good. Apple is at her best with this track, and it just shows that taking the right amount of time to work on your stuff only creates a better opportunity to showcase your work and make it as true as possible. I don't know how many times I have to stress this...but you can't rush art. And those that disagree must work well with deadlines, and not so well with substance. But that's another discussion. You can view the track below:



Moving on...I've been back in a Kills kick lately. Then again, when am I not? But, I finally got a hold of their entire B-sides collection, and I've been taking that in, and I've blogged about some of the songs, but some of my new favorites include "Magazine" and "Forty-Four," and "Run Home Slow" is just magic. You can view that one below:



Lastly, an age-old favorite. I heard this song on the radio last night, and have not been able to get it out of my head. Everyone knows this one..."My Sharona" by The Knack. This used to be one of my favorite jams in high school, and I actually got a mini-scar on my lip from a friend while playing Cranium, and she tried getting me to guess the name of the song and I couldn't get it. Yes, games are lethal. But this song is a nice alternative. So...look that one up if you get a chance. It's an ice little throw-back tune. Until next time...

That's all. PEACE.

No comments: