Monday, April 27, 2009

Silence and Separation

Well...we...w...It seems a day of indulgence makes for a night of remorse. I am tired to the point where I might fall asleep as I tyyyppppeeeeettttthhhiiiiiisssss.

Either way...music on the mind. The Kills, one of my all-time favorite bands, was amazing Friday night. They had the energy, the spunk, and the charisma that attracted me to their music about 6 years ago. They are just one of the bands I have followed throughout their career, and it was awesome to finally see them onstage at a venue, rather than at a festival where all they do is complain about the heat. This time, the complaining was kept to a minimum. If you haven't listened to The Kills, their first album, Keep On Your Mean Side, is an excellent start. It is their greatest album.

On that note, I take my leave. However, I wrote a poem earlier today and thought I would share it. So, here goes...Peace!

It’s always within a moment.
You smile like it’s ‘72,
Branded pink and moldy, with
Consonants for hues.
The raspy remnants of a voice
Laid deep in the snow summons
The rapture toward the bow.

Collision to collision,
We speak the same fiery language,
Delegated from the toneless anthem
That caught sight of the gulf winds.
My mama sat on the rafters,
While the sailors moved in.
Harmony took a sidestep as we
Traveled toward the brain.

Rich, rich boy from the statues of
The skyscraping crimes that never
Begged to differ.
The road came cracking from under,
Like a snake unseen and caught.
We find it underneath the rocks,
Massive rocks, massive rocks.
You catch my sight, from under my eye,
From below my stare, from around my gaze,
And I knew you.
I knew who you were.
I knew where it went
When you blew away the scents
Of miracles and mischief
That constructed mannerisms
In the wake of their demise.

It made it sweet,
Those airy breaths,
Those synthetic symptoms,
Invented at the base of this building.
The building we found,
Making strange sounds,
Until the first tree grew from the ground.
No one else around.
Just the silence and the separation.

No comments: