Thursday, April 2, 2009

Spring Has Come...

Man, the city of Austin, TX has been beautiful lately. Not too hot. Not too cold. The perfect in-between. The sunny weather. The windy increments. Love it.

I feel like the Spring is bringing about a surge of creativity both locally and nationally. Music artists are coming out with new albums left and right, and they couldn't have picked a better time. The Yeah Yeah Yeahs new album, It's Blitz! is brilliant. It's definitely not up to par with Show Your Bones or Fever to Tell, but it's still a great album. I love "Zero," "Skeletons," "Hysteric," and "Little Shadow." It's definitely a good buy.

Also the Strange Boys released their new album in March, titled And Girls Club. Very bluesy, gritty, straight-up rock n' roll at its finest. The funny thing is I saw this band a few years ago at Sonny's Vintage on Guadalupe St. during SXSW. They had it then, and they have it now. Great CD!

Although, it's not coming out til June, Jack White (one of my all-time favorite musicians) has a new album coming out. With the Raconteurs? No. With The White Stripes? No. With The Dead Weather? YES! White is now on drums, the vocals are being handled by the beautiful and dangerous Allison Mosshart of The Kills (one of my all-time favorite bands). Damn, that collaboration is gonna be the bomb-ass-diggity. I've only heard the two songs they've put out, "Hang You From The Heavens" and "Are 'Friends' Electric?" Good tunes, good direction, can't wait to listen to the entire album, which has already been completed. Someone leak it now!

I have also been getting into The Knack again. "My Sharona" just makes you want to dance, especially when you were in a bad mood five minutes prior. I love their energy.

I am also excited because The Brian Jonestown Massacre is only 12 days away, and The Kills is 22 days away! I can't wait! I'm about to crap my pants (not literally). Man, everyday I wake up, the sun is beaming on me, not a cloud in sight, and everyone just seems more cheerful. The past week has been excellent to the point where I wake up everyday and thank God that He gave me another day. That's all you can do when you're exposed to such excellence.

Well, that's all I got for now. Peace!

No comments: