Friday, October 10, 2008

Art and Tilly

As I sit in this library, removing my mind in reverse,
splitting the concepts of justice, but it just gets worse.
I crash the computer's neck into a spine-tingling mess,
while divulging information from under the witch's dress.

The king sits properly on his table made of stone,
while we contemplate acts of being completely alone.
The harp is playing, the people are swaying,
but we just can't seem to understand what they're saying.

I drag the bodies toward the shore,
while wishing them luck across the moors.
I plant a seed in the desk of the muse,
who seems to be quite confused.

And....I got nothing.
That is just a little piece of impromptu writing I just did, and while it is rather cryptic, hey, I work with what I got. I am a compulsive rhymer, I hate it. I wish that I could just write some spoken-word stuff, without any rhymes that just said what I wanted to say, without having to add a damn rhyme in it.

I went to this art show at the Blanton Museum last night, and it was pretty cool. There was this one amazing artwork that really inspired me to start painting again. It was a painting of a black man standing in a very "noble" position from a famous painting way before its time, and he is holding a cane. All around him are colorful, beautiful flowers and the painting signifies the beauty and power that comes with being a black man in America because America always depicts black men as criminals, when that is a complete inaccuracy. But shit, what can you do. There are too many ignorant people everywhere.

So, the cd that I currently cannot take out of my cd player right now is O by Tilly and the Wall. I do not remember how I heard of this band, but I'm glad I did. They are very poppy rock, but I love the tap-dance beats. They definitely add to their appeal. Everyone should check out their cd. Definitely a good one.

Well, I'm out. Peace.

No comments: