Sunday, October 12, 2008

Feist, AMLP, and God

Sometimes, it's hard to determine which is right or left, up or down, resistant or resilient, undeniable and self-righteous. I find myself breaking the boundaries of determination to dissect the distinct messages of writers and their truths. I place my pen on the pad, and I take a glance at the cover art, and try to think of a name, that damn name, that fucking name that I should have known, should have determined from day one.

And bam, there it goes,
it rocks the boat from afar,
to stick the rocket up your nose,
on the way to the roadhouse bar.

I just recently "bought" the album Let It Die by Feist and so far, it is a pretty good album. It is calm enough, but has enough spunk to get through to the listener, without the listener having to struggle to like it. Also, I am writing this entry, while three of my friends watch the movie I Shot Andy Warhol, but from watching it once, I was overtaken by the politics and propoganda of the main character, that I felt it diminished what the movie really should have been about. I don't know...I just didn't think it was all that great.

Anyways...I will end this entry with saying, "AMLP!" which also happens to be tattoed on my arm. The letters stand for Art, Music, Love, and Poetry. Because, in essence, that is what I think the world should be made out of. My friend and I were discussing God the other night and both talking about how believing in Him is absolutely the BEST thing in the world. It's not about preaching, it's about being aware that He is around, and it makes me feel completely safe. And in the end, that's never a bad thing.

1 comment: