Monday, October 27, 2008

Structured and Structural

Damn, when did my life become a fucking schedule? If you were to take a look at my day-planner, you would be surprised at how FULL it is, and that's because I'm only 21 years old. I shouldn't even have a day-planner, but that's what happens when you go to college and try to be independent. I have an awesome Journalism test this Thursday, and I have not started studying, but I think I'll be okay. Considering how good my grades were before I came to Austin, I'm actually starting to feel ashamed. As far as I know, I have two A's, a B, and one D. That D is pissing me off to no end. I'm sorry, but I'm not used to getting D's. School has never been hard for me, but UT is a whole other story.

Lately, I have not seen any good movies. I hate sports movies, and I actually rented Any Given Sunday from my apartment office. I forgot to return it, it's overdue, and now I owe late fees. STORY OF MY LIFE!

Right now, as I type this, I am jamming out to the song Meet Me at the Movies by The Go. I'm pissed because that record store, End of an Ear, was supposed to special order the album for me because they didn't have it in stock, and he said it should get there within 5 to 7 days. It's been 11 days! What the hell! I need new music in my ears. I need it now! Youtube and Itunes can only hold me off for a while.

On a much lighter note, I recently got a job. I work for an alumni service in which we, students, call alumni basically to see how it's hanging and host fundraisers and such. It's not much, but it's a job, and I'm glad to finally be able to say that I have a job. This is my first Austin job, and while it's not as cool as a record store, bike shop, or coffee house, it will have to do for now.

The sun is starting to beam in through the window shades, illuminating the profile of a guy doing his homework. I wish I had my camera! So, I decided that for each paycheck that I get, I am going to buy one roll of film, one CD, and eat out at a really good restaurant once. And then of course pay for cigarettes, booze, and groceries. I think it's sad that film is becoming obsolete. It's so fucking stupid how digital everything is getting. I recently took a class some odd months ago, learned how to develop and print my own film for when I have a dark room, and now they might stop making film! First polaroid, now this! DAMN DAMN DAMN!

I could curse the heavens if I wanted to, but I forgot to pray last night, so I don't think I'm God's favorite person right now, but I'll make it up to Him. Damn, if only they sold more Babes in Toyland albums. I only have The Peel Sessions and Further Adventures Of... which aren't even "albums" in the traditional state of mind, more of compilations. I'm missing my grunge music. I think that's a genre worth getting back into. At least it's one that I always identified with. Maybe I'll buy a Mudhoney album next. I don't know. We'll see. First The Go, then whatever else. I'm spent. I'm tired. I'm exhausted. Estoy mucho cansado. Adios!

No comments: