Tuesday, February 21, 2012

El Retorno

Santigold shares new song...Fiona Apple lines up some tour dates...Jack White's solo album info...

Santigold slightly impressed me (only slightly) with her debut album, Santogold in 2008, because unlike M.I.A. (whom she is overly compared to), she played on a lot more musical influences, such as ska, reggae, punk, and in some cases, even grunge. But, with this new single, she seems to be following a more produced, electronic train of thought. I can't say that I like her new song ("Disparate Youth"), but it left me wanting more. I did enjoy the lyrical content, especially when she sings/raps "We know that we want more...a life worth fighting for." Can you smell the teen angst? You can hear the new single below:



In other news, it was announced a while ago that Fiona Apple is going to come out with some new material this year (fuck yeah!). But, in the meantime, we'll just have to settle for some of her old tunes, but if that's not enough for you, Apple is planning a small tour, that kicks off March 15th in Austin, Texas for a SXSW showcase. You can view the other dates here.

Lastly...Jack White has released some information about his new album, mainly the cover art, release date and tracklist. His first solo album is titled Blunderbuss, and it's due out on April 24th, via his own Third Man Records. You can view the tracklist and the cover art here, and also you can watch the video for his first single "Love Interruption" below:



LISTENING: Well, I don't want to bore you with my listening exploits, but basically, I'm still listening to The Heartless Bastards new record, Arrow. I'm a little obsessed, I'm not gonna lie. In between, I've managed to squeeze in some snippets of performances from The Voice, another obsession. But, that's neither here not there.

That's all. PEACE.

No comments: