Friday, February 10, 2012

Let Go Dat Monster

Lady Gaga launches social networking site...Ty Segall announces new albums...The Kills perform Letterman...

So, for those of you obsessed with Lady Gaga, have mercy on you. Enough said. Not only was I appalled when I heard a couple of years ago that she was going to be a new creative director for Polaroid (really?), but even now, she doesn't stop pursuing the notion that she's actually artistic. Granted, she's weird, but when did it become a staple for the gay community to hop on board with this club-diva who makes generic beats and dares to call it genius music? Now, at littlemonsters.com, Gaga fans will be able to convene and share their Gaga-obsessions, whoopee! I'd rather bury my head in the sand of pop-culture and let vicious crabs destroy my molars.

Moving on...Ty Segall has announced that he plans to release two albums within the next six months. One album is going to be released on In The Red, and the next album will be released via Drag City. I first encountered Ty Segall on a blog, and took a chance to listen to his Melted LP, and lord, was I surprised to find it was actually good. I think I've already blogged about him, so I'll save my breath. But, be on the lookout for those albums.

Lastly...keeping in line with my obsession with The Kills, I was pleasantly surprised to see that they performed David Letterman, and they picked a slightly more introspective tune, which I love. They performed the track, "The Last Good-bye," with Mosshart sporting a 70s punk look, with dyed hair to match the concept. Her vocals were in tip-top shape, and they played the heart-wrenching track nicely. You can view that below:



LISTENING: Since I've spent the majority of my day caring for my sick niece, I could only squeeze in a little listening time, which consisted mainly of CocoRosie's first LP, La maison de mon reve. I really dig this record, even though I haven't really listened to much of their other albums. I gave Noah's Ark a try, but I found myself growing bored. I don't know... But, my favorite song right now is "Jesus Loves Me," which you can listen to below:



That's all. PEACE.

No comments: