Tuesday, December 27, 2011

...is the word

Diplo gives a taste of his upcoming free EP...Patrick Stickles enjoys video games...

Well, today has been somewhat of a slow-starter in that I didn't have time to dedicate any music listening because I had to go make some paper$$$. But, it's all good, especially in this neighborhood, but some of the few blippets of information I was able to come across are interesting to say the least. To start off, Diplo (whom I am mostly familiar with from his collaboration with M.I.A.) is coming out with a free EP, titled Express Yourself. And in true Diplo fashion, it's stock-full of some collabos and samples and whatnot. You can partake in a little preview below:

DIPLO express yourself EP sampler by diplo

In other news, Patrick Stickles (of Titus Andronicus) published a video of him covering Lana Del Rey's "Video Games." The video was shot in his parents house the day after Christmas, and he states that the it's not meant to be funny or ironic, but who the hell knows. From watching the video, I hope he's being funny and ironic. You can watch it below:



As far as my listening goes, there's not much to report right now. A friend of a friend gave me a few suggestions, but I haven't had time to sit down and listen to any of them, but hopefully soon, I will have something to work with. As for now, I've mainly been listening to top-40/oldies/tejano AKA Corpus Christi radio! It could be a lot worse I guess.

Peace.

No comments: