Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pixie in the Dark...

Kanye's G.O.O.D. album almost completed...Nas shares thoughts about Amy Winehouse collaboration...and grunge takes over my life yet again...

Well, I didn't really find a lot of music news to report on today. But, I thought it would be good to mention the few above things, seeing as how it's as good a day as any other to talk about this shit. So, Kanye West has reported that his G.O.O.D. album is "almost done." G.O.O.D. is a collaborative project with various other rappers including Cudi, Common, Pusha T, among others. Their album will drop in 2012, and I'm sure it will be just as innovative and dynamic as West's other releases.

Also, Nas shared some thoughts about his collaboration with Amy Winehouse, stating that it was "bittersweet." Nas shared gratitude that fans would get to hear the posthumously-released track, but stated that it's a shame that Winehouse isn't here to experience the release herself. You can listen to the track below:



After watching the movie, Empire Records, last night, I veered back to my childhood, and started listening to Surfer Rosa by Pixies, and In Utero by Nirvana. I guess I'm a shredded-jeaned, baggy shirt, hair-in-the-face, distortion-junkie grunge kid at heart. But, the truth of it is that for me, a little distortion can go a long way. Listen to My Bloody Valentine, and you'll know what I mean. It may be noise, but it's noise with a purpose. That's all I got for today.

Peace.

No comments: