Monday, January 2, 2012

Hoax With The Most...

Radiohead song is anything but...New song by The Knife/Fever Ray's Karin Dreijer Andersson...Jackson C. Frank makes my month...

Apologies for my impromptu absence, but within that time, I've been investigating and researching new music as well as literature. I've finally started (again!) reading Ulysses by James Joyce, and I am already having trouble with it. I have a translator on hand for the Latin phrases, as well as a dictionary for some words that I'm not too familiar with. Yes, it's a tough read for those who haven't ventured to try it.

But on a more musical note, I posted a song by Radiohead that I found on several music blogs, and it spread like music herpes across the interweb, with everyone feasting their ears on unheard genius material. However, it's been revealed that the track isn't actually Radiohead, but is a Canadian singer-songwriter named Christopher Stopa. Stopa went on CNN, explaining his surprise at finding out Radiohead came out with a new song, clicking play, and realizing it was a demo he recorded in 2001. CRAZY! But, you can view the article, and interview with Stopa here.

In other news, besides Katy Perry and Russell Brand's divorce (which I'm sure everyone called at some point), there is also some more new music on the rise. Karin Dreijer Andersson, famous for her work with The Knife and Fever Ray, has come out with a new song for a compilation album, titled We Are The Works In Progress, put together by Blonde Redhead. The compilation album will be available for download on January 10th, and Andersson's track is titled "No Face." You can listen to it here.

Also, while listening to my Joanna Newsom Pandora station, I came across a folk singer from the 60s, named Jackson C. Frank. After reading about him for a bit, I found out that he has been through some heavy shit, such as surviving a fire, being diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic, and recording only one album and a few demos before he died in 1999. His album, titled Jackson C. Frank was also produced by Paul Simon, and his most famous track, "Blues Run The Game," has been covered by Simon & Garfunkel, Counting Crows, and more. My current favorite track by Frank is called "You Never Wanted Me." You can listen below.



That's all I got for today. Happy Late New Year. PEACE.

No comments: