Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What's In A Name?

Madonna and Santigold share album names...View the trailer for the LCD Soundsystem documentary...Sleigh Bells announce tour dates...

What is in a name? Would an album by any other name still pack the same punch? I don't fucking know...but, while we're on the subject, let's talk about some artists who've shared the titles for their upcoming LPs. First is Madonna, who has decided to call her upcoming release MDNA. Fairly catchy, I'll give her that. Could we expect anything less? Well yes, after her 2008 train-wreck, Hard Candy. Also, Santigold has revealed the name of her upcoming album, which is going to be called Master of My Make-Believe. I can't say that I'm excited about either of these. I liked Santigold's first LP for a while, but it got old fairly fast.

In other news, a trailer has been released for the upcoming documentary, Shut Up and Play The Hits which features LCD Soundsystem, leading up to their final show at Madison Square Garden. I'm pretty excited about this documentary, considering I'm not that huge of an LCD fan, but who can resist the magic when "Dance Yourself Clean" plays in a dirty, sweaty, packed nightclub. The documentary is going to show at this year's Sundance Film Festival, and you can view the trailer below:



Lastly, Sleigh Bells has announced a short tour. They are going to play some shows in Florida, and a few more US dates. Not much though. AND, they aren't even coming through Texas, so for those of you who are excited about this, you can view the tour dates and hear their latest song, "Born to Lose," here.

On a listening note, I spent some time listening to First Aid Kit today, then turning right back around to listen to some recommendations a friend gave me, which include X, but my mind has been a blur, so I'll report more about that some other time. But until then, take this one away:



That's all. PEACE.

No comments: