Sunday, January 15, 2012

Soundtrack to a Sunday...

Lana Del Rey performs on SNL...And my Sunday is well-equipped with some good tunes

Well, everyone who watches SNL and hasn't heard of Lana Del Rey were probably shaking their heads going "what the fuck?" Yes, her performance wasn't what I would call stellar, but that doesn't take away from the fact that "Video Games" is still a good tune. Maybe it's a song that shouldn't be performed live? I don't know. She also performed another song, "Blue Jeans," in which she did a little better, but still, if you're going to commit to playing Saturday Night Live, you should probably practice. How else are you going to make it to Carnegie Hall? You can view the performances below:





LISTENING: I started off the morning feeling kind of shitty, so I wanted to listen to something that would counteract those emotions. So, I turned to an old favorite - The Sounds' Living in America. Not only is it their best album, in my humble opinion, but it's their most dynamic. They truly show their punk roots, the affinity for 80s dance, and just all-around feel-good music. Next, I dulled it down with a little Joy Division to mellow it down a little, but keep my day a little dynamic. Afterwards, I turned to some good oldies to finish off my afternoon, which included The Temptations' "My Girl," Lloyd Price's "Stagger Lee," and Thurston Harris's version of "Little Bitty Pretty One." So, I give you my soundtrack for my Sunday:











That's all. PEACE.

No comments: