Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Estate I'm In

LL Cool J set to host the 2012 Grammy Awards...Bruce Springsteen shares title and release date of new album...Watch a clip of Joanna Newsom at ACL Concert Series...

I haven't really found much to report on today, mostly because I've severely been out of the loop, running around Texas, and trying to catch a hold of some invisible string that'll guide me toward a more favorable destination. But alas, my rant is over, and I'm still right back where I started, but hey, it's a start, right?

So, LL Cool J has been announced to be the host for the 2012 Grammy Awards. I haven't really been paying that close of attention towards his career, or that goings-on at the Grammys. But, I did see clips of Mumford and Sons playing with Bob Dylan, and the Arcade Fire doing a pretty rocking set, and winning Album of the Year last year, which was great because The Suburbs was a good album. So, keep your eyes and ears open for more news on that.

Also, Bruce Springsteen is set to release his new album on March 5. The album is going to be titled Wrecking Ball. Enough said.

I was happy to see that the blogosphere is showcasing artists playing on the ACL Live Series. I used to work at Urban Outfitters, right under where the series is filmed, and on some nights, we could hear the music coming from the ceiling, but it was always difficult to tell who was playing. Now, I wish I knew. But, I was delighted to catch a video of Joanna Newsom playing a show, seeing as how I'm a huge fan of her songwriting. Let's just say it...she's a genius. You can view her performance of "Bridges and Balloons" below:

Joanna Newsom "Bridges and Balloons" from Austin City Limits on Vimeo.



LISTENING: I've mostly been listening to an acoustic mix I made some months ago. It has Iron & Wine, Deer Tick, Joni Mitchell, Don McLean, The White Stripes, The Kills, Devendra Banhart, Cat Stevens, Neutral Milk Hotel, Mumford & Sons, Possessed by Paul James and much more. Good shit. You can listen to the song "Ferris Wheel" by the aforementioned PBPJ below:



That's all. PEACE.

No comments: