Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Cee The Pink And Iron

Cee Lo Green receives some backlash...Possible Pink Floyd reunion for 2012 Olympics...Iron & Wine share new video...

Today is absolutely gorgeous in Corpus Christi, TX. A cool breeze filters the air, and the cloudless sky is illuminated by the bright sun, coming in strong through the window shades. Great day to read and write about music. So, to start things off, let's talk about Cee Lo Green. On New Years Eve, he sang a rendition of John Lennon's famous track, "Imagine." However, he changed one of the lyrics to be seemingly pro-religion, though it's plausible to assume that the lyric could easily be taken out of context. Instead of singing "And no religion too," he says, "all religion is true." Now, I'm not personally offended, even though I'm not particularly religious, but fans were a little more disgruntled. You can read the article and see a clip of the song here.

In other news, there is speculation over whether or not Pink Floyd are planning to reunite, alongside Paul McCartney, for the 2012 Olympics. You may have read about Roger Waters "The Wall" tour last year, and how the band was briefly reunited for one show in London. So, if this does happen, I'd definitely like to catch a glimpse of that, seeing as how Obscured by Clouds is one of my favorite albums.

Also, Iron & Wine have released a music video for the song "Godless Brother In Love" from the album Kiss Each Other Clean. I've always been a fan of Sam Beam, and I think he is an excellent songwriter. But, I have to admit that I kind of fell out of my Iron & Wine loop some time before The Shepherd's Dog came out. But, The Creek Drank The Cradle and Our Endless Numbered Days are two excellent albums that I own and still listen to now and again. As for this music video, I like the song, but hate the video. The video reminds me of modern Levi's commercial. It just doesn't really do anything for me, but you can view it below:



On a listening note: I've been kind of jumping around. I've jumped from Neutral Milk Hotel's In The Aeroplane Over The Sea to Erykah Badu's New Amerykah Part One (4th World War) to Oldies 93.9 FM. Each of those, I'd recommend, though oldies stations can get a little frustrating at times.

That's all I got for today. PEACE.

No comments: