Friday, January 13, 2012

Regret Nothing...

Bjork's Biophilia Workshop blends science and music...And I'm spent, so I get to indulge in a day...

The only thing that I thought newsworthy (considering that I'm making a conscious effort to make this blog more about music than gossip) is that Bjork's Biophilia workshops are headed to New York. The educational workshops introduce students to the science of music, in terms of instrumentation and how they correlate with cells, planets, etc. Students use apps on iPads that were designed by Bjork as a starting off point, then move toward instrumentation, and get a chance to play instruments that Bjork herself designed. In the words of Liz Lemon, "I want to go to there." You can view what the workshops (which started in Iceland) are like below:

Biophilia Educational Program in Iceland 2011 from Biophilia Educational Program on Vimeo.



That's really all I have for today. As far as listening goes, I've been listening to The Kills on repeat, and have watched the Samantha Morton-directed video for "Last Goodbye" at least 7 times. It makes me sad because I feel as if this might be the end of the band...not to be too dramatic. But, if they were going to say goodbye, this would be the perfect way. So, fingers crossed that this is not the case. I've also been listening to this Eartha Kitt record I bought in Brooklyn. You can listen to one of the tracks ("I Want To Be Evil") below:



That's all. PEACE.

No comments: