Tuesday, January 10, 2012

We Don't Need Saving!

Dave Grohl shares thoughts on Adele and the music business...Jeff Mangum adds tour dates...King Khan and The Shrines release new song...

So many things to write about, but to narrow it down to a select few proves to be a promising endeavor in that I have some hot little numbers to report!

Firstly, in an interview with Billboard, Dave Grohl shared his thoughts on the music business and expresses that if there were more records as good as Adele's 21, then record sales wouldn't be in so much trouble. In the interview, he states, "Imagine if all records were that good. Do you think only one of them would sell? Fuck no! All of them would. If all records were that good the music business would be on fire, but they're not." I agree with his stance, especially when he elaborates on the cause, saying that record sales are not in trouble because of a lack of interest in music, but moreso, because today's records are simply lacking. Good shit, Dave.

Also, Jeff Mangum has added some tour dates! But, I'm kind of pissed that there are no Texas dates because seeing him play at an Austin venue would be pretty dope. But, you can look at the tour dates here. Also, because I'm feeling saucy, I've pasted my favorite Neutral Milk Hotel song below:



Lastly, garage rock aficionados King Khan and the Shrines have released a new song, titled "Bite My Tongue." The song seems pretty up to par with other stuff I've heard from them. Also, I had the pleasure of seeing them at Emo's in Austin during the 2010 SXSW Festival. They put on an excellent show, with horns blaring, pompoms shaking, and some good old fashioned money burning. You can listen to the song here.

As for my listening habits, today I replayed "Takin' Names" by Paul Robeson 12 times, LITERALLY. I think it might be my new favorite song. The soul and sadness in his voice is just too much for me to even express in words. I'd recommend a listen, but as I said before, I've never been able to find it online or on any music listening contraption, other than the LP I got at a record shop. So...I guess I can call this one mine, sorry. Other than that, I listened to The Strokes Is This It earlier tonight, and forgot how much I fucking love that record. This track isn't on that LP, but it's one of my favorites.



That's all I got. PEACE.

No comments: