Tuesday, January 24, 2012

When You Come Back...

Sleigh Bells video for new track, "Comeback Kid"...Fiona Apple set to release new music soon...The Cranberries share video for new track, "Tomorrow"...

Sleigh Bells was one of those bands that I heard in passing, fell in love with the song, and sought the rest of their recordings, and became utterly disappointed. Now, when I hear "Rill Rill" or "Crown on the Ground," I am still filled with that elated feeling that greatness is on the rise, but I feel as if these songs exemplify their best work, and everything else just kind of falls by the wayside. Either way, here's their newest video for the track, "Comeback Kid," which falls in line with the tracks that aren't easy to remember. But hey, a lot of people dig them. To each his own.



In more exciting news, Fiona Apple's label has announced that new music by the acclaimed artist is going to be coming soon! It's been six years since Extraordinary Machine, which was a fantastic album (and well worth the wait in my opinion). So, it's good to hear that she's still at it, and that she's still producing work. The last I saw of her was when she did the show Iconoclasts, which pairs two icons to spend a day together. She was grouped with Quentin Tarantino, and they both shared their views on the pressure by the public to keep producing work, but both agreed that a real artist takes their time, and works at their own accord. I can attest to that point of view as an artist, and if it took her six years to make this upcoming record, or EP, or whatever is gonna be released, then so be it.

Lastly, The Cranberries have released a video for their new song, "Tomorrow." The Cranberries was one of those bands that penetrated my young brain when I was in elementary school. My older sister owned the record, To The Faithful Departed, which was constantly on replay as a child. Every time I hear "When You're Gone," I'm taken back to those carefree days. But, I'm getting too ahead of myself. Their new track contains their signature sound, and Dolores O'Riordan's vocals still have their majesty. You can listen to the track below:



LISTENING: Today, I mostly listened to a variety of stuff while burning CD's for a friend. It went from listening to The Moon & Antarctica by Modest Mouse to The Milk-Eyed Mender by Joanna Newsom. Then, I spiced it up by listening to some Ike and Tina Turner (always a good choice). Exhibit A below:



That's all. PEACE.

No comments: