Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hide Your Eyes

Lil Wayne announces new album...Tennis release new track...Dubstep is killing me, and not softly...

Let's start this off for our mainstream mc! Lil Wayne is one of those rappers who smokes way too much pot and sips on way too much lean, causing his rhymes to make absolutely no sense (You can view exhibit A below in a verse he did for Erykah Badu's track "Jump Up in the Air and Stay There"). I get that people dig his style, and he has a huge following, and his reputation has been under speculation due to his stints in jail, but I've just never understood all the hype. But, that's neither here nor there. The rapper has announced that he has a new album, which has already been completed, coming out later this year. The album will be titled I Am Not A Human Being 2. So, be on the lookout for that.



Also, Tennis is a band I started listening to a couple of years ago, mostly due to their serene quality and cutesy vibe. Their new album, Young & Old, is set to be released soon, but until then, you can feast your ears on this little nugget.



I just don't get what this whole obsession is with Dubstep. The only times that I have ever remotely enjoyed it were times when I was too drunk to care what was playing and too inebriated to control my bodily movements, so that alone has to tell you something about this genre. I get that people like the pounding basslines, the electronic overtones, and the seemingly reputable "masters" who are lending their hands to popular musicians, but come the fuck on! Where is the artistry? Where is the magic? Can someone please explain this to me?

LISTENING: Today has been a slow day because I've been writing, and I try not to listen to music when I write because it slows my thought process. So, as I write this, I am listening to my first song of the day, which just coincidentally happens to be the new track by Tennis. But, to put a little oldies up in this bitch, check out the track below. It's one of my personal favorites.



That's all. PEACE.

No comments: