Tuesday, June 12, 2012

How It Work

Azealia Banks' new track...Thee Oh Sees coming out with new LP...No Doubt share album name...

So, my mind has been in a constant jumble trying to re-work the inner-parameters of my brain to coincide with the world around me...but isn't that the struggle of any artist? It's just difficult for me to even listen to music lately just because the working world asks for more blood and bones, or should I say swivel chairs and coffee? And my recreational interests have had to take a backseat. So, today, let's just forget that people work. Azealia Banks is a name that I've seen on every music blog, in every music magazine, and whatnot. And I never listened to any of her music, until today, and I've only listened to one song, and that one song has made me rethink avoiding her. It's a new track she's just released from her soon-to-be-released mixtape, Fantasea, which comes out on July 4th. From this track, I immediately like that she's a straight-rapper, not incorporating the use of weird voices, or excessive vocal production, like Nicki Minaj (which is why I can't get into her music). Before I butcher this any more, I'll let you listen to it below:



Moving along...Thee Oh Sees (whom I've written about before), have announced that they're coming out with a new record, titled Putrifiers II. The album is set to hit stores and websites on September 11, which is going to be a popular date from album releases if the past few weeks are anything to go by. I've already talked a lot about this band, mainly their album, The Master's Bedroom Is Worth Spending The Night In, which is excellent, so I won't go into this any further...

Lastly, No Doubt are making their big bad comeback, and I'm sure people are as excited as I am. Come on, Tragic Kingdom is only one of the biggest selling albums of all time, and spurned so many catchy singles that if you say you don't like them, you're a bold-faced liar. You don't have to love them to know that they've maintained their staying power, even when they were on a hiatus. Fans knew they'd be back sooner or later, and here they are. Their new album, titled Push and Shove is their first record in 11 years, since 2001's Rock Steady, which I own and while it may not be their best record, what saved it was Underneath It All (which you can hear below). The album is set to come out on September 25th, but don't quote me on that.



LISTENING: Like I said before, I haven't heard a whole lot recently, and what I have heard has just been repetitive listening that I've already talked extensively about, so I don't want to bore you. But, I did get a chance to listen to Broken Social Scene's You Forget It In People a bit this weekend, and of course, there's also those good old top-40 jams to bop your head to as you're driving down the highway. And I'm still listening to Celebration Rock by Japandroids because it's proving to be a good work-out album. Other than that, today, I listened to Cat Power's track "King Rides By," and I think (I THINK!) it's from her upcoming album "Sun." But again, don't quote me on that. You can hear that below:



That's all. PEACE.

No comments: