Friday, June 22, 2012

You'd Never Know

Chelsea Light Moving...SCREAM...

Not much today...The only interesting thing that I found in music news today was that Thurston Moore, of Sonic Youth fame, has a new musical project for which he is the frontman, titled Chelsea Light Moving. They've released one song from the project, via Matador's website. They are currently working on their first full-length record, but you can hear their song "Burroughs" here. I like the feel of the song, mainly because it has a post-grunge hard-rock vibe towards it, which anyone that knows me knows is kind of my shit. So, I'll definitely be keeping my ears open for their record.

LISTENING: Nothing much at all today. Seriously. Almost no listening because work has been fucking hectic today. BUT...I remembered that a friend of mine told me about Michael Jackson's "Scream" being the most expensive music video ever made. My weird mind channeled that memory today, and so the first thing I did this morning before I started my aforementioned hectic day, was watch the video. It just looks expensive to the point where it makes me want to vomit when I think of how much money went into the production ($7 million), but then I'm so amazed by it. The video was directed by Mark Romanek, who has directed videos for Madonna, Beck, Fiona Apple, No Doubt, Jay Z, Nine Inch Nails, Johnny Cash, and many more. You can view "Scream" below:



That's all for today. PEACE.

No comments: