Friday, April 20, 2012

All Apologetic...

Dave Grohl teams up with Butch Vig and Krist Novoselic again...Jack White performs on German television show..."Girls Girls Girls"...

It made news last year when Dave Grohl teamed up with former Nirvana bandmate Krist Novoselic and Nevermind producer Butch Vig (also of Garbage) for the Foo Fighters latest album, titled Wasting Light. And now, Grohl has teamed up with them again for the soundtrack to a documentary he's working on about Sound City Studios where the aforementioned and legendary Nirvana album was recorded. Many famous musicians have recorded at Sound City, including Jenny Lewis (who recorded Acid Tongue in the same room where Nirvana recorded their record), among many others. You can read more about this here.

In other news, Jack White took the stage on Die Herald Schmidt Show, which broadcasts in Germany. White played two cuts from his much-anticipated album, Blunderbuss, which comes out this coming Tuesday. He played "Sixteen Saltines," and "Freedom at 21." You can view the performance below:



LISTENING: This morning, I listened to Father, Son, Holy Ghost by Girls. I know that I wrote about their performance yesterday, but being an uneducated asshole, I downloaded (sorry!) their album last night. My first reaction to the album was something along the lines of "how the fuck did I wait this long?" I've only listened to the first half, and already I know that I'm gonna love this. It's melodic, it's soulful, and it's fairly impressive. Now, I can understand why they've made so many 2011 "best of..." lists. Tracks like "Alex," "My Ma," and "Magic," are well...magical? My current favorite is "Alex," which you can hear below:



Aside from that, I've been having a "shuffle" therapy, and Pandora is playing the likes of Modest Mouse, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, Joanna Newsom, M. Ward, Bessie Smith, and The Kills. Good job, Pandora.

That's all. PEACE.

No comments: