Monday, April 9, 2012

"Floating Toward The Ground"

Feist shares new video...The White Stripes coming out with new DVD...The Shins don't disappoint...

So...coming off of my Easter high, today has been a slow descent toward a mundane Monday, but music-wise, things are starting to look up a little. To start, Feist has come out with a new music video for the track, "Bittersweet Melodies," off of her album, Metals, which I've reviewed on this blog, and in case you didn't read it, it's a great album. But, the video is basically a slide show comprising photos from a series by Irina Werning. I "stumbled upon" Werning's website a few months ago, so I'm already familiar with the photos, but they go nicely with Feist's track. You can view the video here.

In other news, the White Stripes are coming out with a new DVD, called Under New Zealand Lights, which is basically concert footage of some shows they did in New Zealand, but what has me excited is that it's footage from their first international tour, so it's from when they were still younger, grittier, and more ballsy in my opinion. Very much looking forward to that.

LISTENING: I've been diving into The Shins' newest endeavor, Port of Morrow. The album is pretty good. I won't go so far as to say that it's great, but I won't completely knock it. It has some good moments, some okay moments, and some moments that I probably won't remember, but tracks like "Simple Song," "It's Only Life," "September," and the title track are constantly being replayed today. I can't help but want to hear these specific tracks again and again, but I'm sure that they'll start to wane, and I'll focus more on other songs, but until then...you can hear the track, "It's Only Life," below:



That's all. PEACE.

No comments: