Wednesday, May 30, 2012

It's All Good...

Stream the new Hives album online...Florence and the Machine share new video...Big Boi releases new song...Kanye and Jay Z share video for "No Church in the Wild"...Imagine Dragons...

Well, let's start with Lex Hives, the new record by The Hives, which is scheduled to hit stores on June 4th. The Guardian is currently streaming the album online, so if you're a little on the impatient side, then you can listen to here. I have not been able to listen to it yet, but let's just say that my "albums to listen to" list is way on over-book as of late, so it's a little hard to squeeze in anything right now. How does one put in the time!

In other news, Florence and the Machine have shared the video for the track "Spectrum," off of her Ceremonials album, which I've just now started getting into after a friend showed me the "Glee" version of Shake It Out. Yes, it shouldn't take something like that to prompt me to hear an album, but let's just say that the song never really crossed my path until now. But, with this video, directed by David LaChapelle is rich with choreography and colorful visuals. You can watch that below:



Moving along...I mentioned that Big Boi has recently named his upcoming solo album, and now he's released a new song, titled "She Said OK," with Theophilus London, and featuring Tre Luce. This song isn't for those who are opposed to the profane, and for those who like their raps quick, to the point, and raunchy as fuck. You can listen to it below:



Lastly, and I'm a day late on this one...Kanye West and Jay Z have released a video for their Watch The Throne track, "No Church in the Wild." The video is directed by Romain Gravras who directed M.I.A.'s "Born Free" and "Bad Girls." Visually, the video contains Gavras' touch...showing people revolting against the establishment AKA the police, throwing home-made bombs, setting fires, etc. You can view that below:



LISTENING: I haven't been able to listen to much, still mainly listening to Exile on Main Street, which I've already talked about, so let's not be repetitive. But a friend of mine sent me the video to a song titled "It's Time" by Las Vegas band Imagine Dragons. The beat instantly had me, and while the singer's voice initially threw me off, I haven't been able to stop listening to this song today. It's just one of those tracks that gets stuck in your head, and whether or not it's a lasting tune remains to be seen, but you can listen to that one below:



That's all. PEACE.

No comments: