Thursday, May 3, 2012

Meet Me in August

Usher talks about new album...Alanis Morissette and The Darkness also share upcoming album details...Adicts My Adicts...

Well, some exciting things for some folks. Usher has announced the details for his upcoming album, revealing the tracklist, title (Looking 4 Myself), and even sharing the album's first single, titled "Climax." My first reaction to "Climax," is that Usher is a man of the times. Taking an note from his pop/r&b contemporaries, Usher has added more futuristic sounds to his production. I mean, what can you expect from the man, he's gotta eat right? It's not exactly "Confessions," but it'll do. So, the song itself sounds like one of those songs that will grow after repeated listens (which, I'm sure the AM/FM airwaves will give it). But, you can hear the track below, and you can read the details of the album on NME.



In other news, August is proving to be a pretty exciting month. It's featuring the comebacks of two prominent musicians. First is The Darkness, who reunited last year after a hiatus. Their new album, titled Hot Cakes is set to come out on August 20th, and is said to have some "AC/DC guitar rock" and some stuff that is "more luxurious and layered." So, be on the lookout for that one and you can view the video for their breakout single, "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" below:



Now, Alanis Morissette made a big splash in the 90s with her album, Jagged Little Pill, and having an older sister who was a teen at that time, that album was played nonstop in our household. Everyone was playing it, singing it, even my parents (though I'm sure they wouldn't be proud of that). It was a quintessential 90s angst rock/pop offering that appealed to anyone who had their heart stomped on or could recall having oral sex in a movie theater. But, Morissette has announced that she's coming out with a new album on August 27, titled Havoc and Bright Lights. Personally, though most would argue, I think that Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie has been her best offering. She became more spiritual, weirder, and more experimental (which we can all appreciate). So, you can hear a stand-out track from that album (titled "Joining You") below:



LISTENING: I haven't been listening to a whole lot because I've been been working on some stuff, but I did get to sneak in a little Adicts this morning. Yes, that good ole English punk band that I missed this past year when they played a show in Austin. Pretty sad. I only have a greatest hits album, which mainly has some of their more popular stuff from the 80s. Some of my favorites by them include "Straight Jacket," "Chinese Takeaway," "Easy Way Out," and of course, "Viva La Revolution." You can hear "Straight Jacket" below:



That's all. PEACE.

No comments: