Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Jimi, Stephen and Paul

The Magnetic Fields share new video...Andrew 3000 set to play Jimi Hendrix...Paul Simon receives Polar Music Prize...

Well, this weekend was a slow one for me, going out of town, indulging in some debauchery, and forgetting I even had a blog. But, now I'm a little more settled, back on earth, and ready to report some stuff. Firstly...The Magnetic Fields have shared a video for the track, "Quick!" off of their latest release, Love at the Bottom of the Sea. I like this track, having only watched/listened to the song once, and it's making me re-think checking out Merritt's latest endeavor, considering the only album I own is The Charm of the Highway Strip, and what random mp3s I've been able to obtain from their Distortion album, so that's more catching up I can get started on. But, you can view the "Quick!" video below:



In other news...Andre 3000 (of Outkast fame) is set to play Jimi Hendrix in a new film that is currently in pre-production. The film is supposedly going to be about Hendrix's time in England, during the recording of Are You Experienced?, so that's a pretty exciting flick to look forward to. You can listen to "Foxy Lady" off of the aforementioned album below:



Lastly, Paul Simon has received the Polar Music Prize, which is Sweden's highest award for musicians. I don't need to go into detail about how important Paul Simon is in music, all you would need to do is google the fucker to know that he's written some of the most influential and relevant music to grace the airwaves. Basically, this award was a long time coming.

LISTENING: It's been extremely slow in this area, only because I've either been too hungover to care about listening to music, or too drunk to know what was playing around me. Yes, this weekend took a toll. This morning, I snuck in some Bessie Smith while getting ready for work, and that's as far as that goes. You can hear one of her most famous tracks, "Nobody Knows You When You're Down and Out" below:



That's all. PEACE.

No comments: